On March 11, 2021 President Biden signed into action ARPA, or the American Rescue Plan Act. Within the nearly $2 Trillion dollars given, almost $123 Billion was set aside to increase the ESSER fund. This fund, which started in 2020 and continued into 2021, has now become three stimulus bills that altogether supply nearly $190.5 billion to the Elementary and Secondary Emergency Education Relief Fund.
While each of the three versions – ESSER, ESSER II and ESSER III vary slightly in their definition of subsidies, collectively every State receives funds based on the same proportion that each state had received under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) Title-IA.
It has been mandated that States must distribute at least 90% of funds to local education agencies (LEAs) based on their proportional share of ESEA Title I-A funds.
Here is a quick breakdown:
- The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act, passed on March 27, 2020, provided $13.5 billion to the ESSER Fund.
- The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSA), passed on Dec. 27, 2020, provided $54.3 billion in supplemental ESSER funding, known as the ESSER II fund.
- The American Rescue Plan Act, passed on March 11, 2021, provided $122.7 billion in supplemental ESSER funding, known as the ESSER III fund.
- The SEAs are required to reserve their allocations to carry out activities: 5% to address learning loss, 1% for afterschool activities, and 1% for summer learning programs.
- The LEAs must reserve at least 20% of the funding they receive to address learning loss.
- Two-thirds of ESSER funds are immediately available to states, while remaining funds will be made available after states submit ESSER implementation plans.
Funding Support Summary for essaypop Products
|Funding Source||essaypop |
|Title 1, Part A||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Title IV, part A||x||x||x||x||x|
|ESSER I/II/III & EANS||x||x||x||x||x||x|
ESSERS Funding and essaypop
|Where it Can Be Used||ESSERS (CARES)||ESSERS II (CRRSA)||ESSERS III (ARPA)||essaypop Solutions|
|Combating learning loss||x||Students quickly rebound to writing proficiency with our Frame Writing Software. Our Assessment Tools have real-time reporting for teachers and school Leaders to track areas of improvement and weakness on a student, class, school or district-wide level.|
|Summer Enrichment Programs||x||x||essaypop Summer Sessions are always included in our paid version and include summer-focused plans that include Critical Pre-Writing, Quick Writes,, Essay Structure Essentials|
|Useable for Online/Hybrid/Remote Learning||x||x||x||essaypop was created as an in-classroom product with the flexibility of hybrid and remote learning use. Our Data Privacy commitment ensures no outside or third-party entity can sell or rent student data nor is any advertising permitted on our platform.|
|Strengthen Quality and effectiveness of Teachers & School leaders to low-income and disproportionally affected students||x||x||x||With essaypop's Hive, students and teachers create strong bonds, grow confidence, encourage mentorship, all in a socially engaging environment that students respond to and enjoy.|
|Providing necessary resources||x||x||x||essaypop is 100% Cloud Based and can be used anywhere, 24/7. Essaypop never charges storage fees, no matter your limit. Tied to the student, our licenses can be used through multiple classes, from ELA, to Social Studies, to Science. Our School and District Level Solutions can tailor our program to fit your school's unique rubrics, testing language, look and feel.|
|Improving Student Outcomes via Comprehensive and/or Targeted Support||x||x||x||essaypop is a proven success for both Students and Teachers|
|Purchasing educational equipment||x||x||x||essaypop is an essential part of over 100k Teachers, Schools & Districts writing curriculum programs|
|Professional & Procedural Development||x||x||x||Our Lesson Library, contains hundreds of plans written by Nationally accredited Teachers. Our Tips and Style Guide give instant hands-on learning knowledge, including How-To Videos. Our Monthly-held Learning Webinars are open to all. Essaypop Informative and Teacher-oriented Newsletters|
|Deadline to Spend||9/30/22||9/30/23||9/30/24|
|Totals (in Billions)||13.5||54.3||122.7|
To explore more funding options and how essaypop, School and District Solutions are covered, please contact our TEAM