“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
— Louis L’Amour
Finally, and as a result of popular demand (and much cajoling), students can now write stories using essaypop. The app that has become so popular as the ultimate essay writing tool, now allows students to create compelling narratives using our intuitive and easy-to-use frame-writing approach. Just as with essay writing, students approach storytelling one box at a time, an approach that has shown to be the antidote for writers block.
Here’s how it works:
Once the writer has an idea for his or her story and has established a basic plot or story structure, she can begin laying out the narrative in what we call sections. Sections are layed out from left to right at the top banner of the essaypop writing frame area, The structure can be chronological, but, of course, it does not have to be.
Some writers might structure stories using the basic elements of plot (section one = exposition – section two is the first part of rising action, etc…) Others will organize their narratives by chapter. Still others might section their stories into acts and/ or sub-acts. The specific, narrative organization is totally dependent on the writer’s idea.
Once the basic story structure is laid out (and this structure can easily and quickly be modified), the writer then begins composing the narrative in vertical frames or chunks, just as they would compose an essay in essaypop. These frames are selected by the writer as needed and include general text, characterization, setting, dialogue, narrative action, transition.
Advantages of frame writing narratives in essaypop
- Writers receive substantive feedback in the Hive whose members are composed of the teacher, classmates and guests.
- Writers may easily insert narrative elements in between each frame, making revision elaboration and story-building simple.
- All elements are color-coded, making identification of of narrative elements easy for writers, teachers, classmates and guests in the Hive.
- Writers can easily jump back and forth between elements and sections.
- When finished, writer’s instantly export their stories to the document format of their choice.
Our beta testers are loving this new feature, so get started on storytelling with essaypop. Go to the prompt library for some premade narrative writing assignments.